Wednesday, January 31, 2024

GODZILLA MINUS ONE/MINUS COLOR

I went to see this movie today, a Bargain Tuesday, at the Century 14 Vallejo, here in Vallejo, CA. The price of admission was $6.50. I brought some low sodium snacks with me. If only they sell No Sodium, ( real )Butter 🧈 Flavored Popcorn at the concessions counter! πŸ˜•

PG-13, 2 h & 5 m
Auditorium 2, B-6

Yes, I've already seen this movie twice before. But Not In Black & White! Which gives it the effect of harkening back to the 1954 original. Besides, I had to see this movie today because it's just a 1-week limited engagement. 

Incidentally, according to an Internet article, Godzilla was named after a Toho Company's burly crewman nicknamed, Gorira ( Japanese pronunciation of, Gorilla ) and the Japanese word for Whale, Kujira.

While waxing nostalgic for this Kaiju ( Giant Monster ) shown in retro Black & White, I realized that it has its limitations: Colors bring out contrasts and nuances Way Much Better! But the movie, either way, is still the Best of all the Godzilla movies that I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this movie gets an Oscar nomination for Best Foreign Film! 

And the little girl can act better than I can!  πŸ™πŸ˜’


TIDBITS:

I was today years old when I learned that Godzilla was a dinosaur minding its own business, just hanging around with Sponge Bob under the sea, but suddenly became mutated by an Atomic Bomb test. 🀯  And got super pissed-off at humans after that because of it! Imagine that .... πŸ€“

I was disappointed by the taste of the Pinoy Tsitsarons which I bought on Sunday.  ☹️

All 3 of them didn't "wow" me! Could it
be that I've outgrown my craving for
pork rinds? Of course, I ate them
as-is with no dip or condiment.
I'll give them a 2nd chance by
dipping them in Vinegar with
Garlic next time that I have
them. I should also have
some of the greasier
Mexican version
which is fresh-cooked locally. 
Since I haven't had Mexican 
Chicharon in a long time!
A Taste-Test contest
is coming right up!
πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‹πŸ‘
Look out, sensitive teeth
of mine!  😬 

The antenna for my Hyundai Accent was finally delivered to my mailbox today at GOIN' POSTAL. It was signed for at 2:03 p.m.

To my disappointment, though, the GOIN'
POSTAL owner closed her branch early!
I arrived a little after 3 but it was closed
already!! I was hoping to get it installed
today before the rains get here!!! 
The forecast is rain or shower
for the next week or so.

Then, I decided to go to the J&R Market to buy a lottery ticket for the Mega Millions. Because I dropped my old wallet on the floor early Sunday night and out popped an old fortune cookie slip. I decided to try the numbers at the back of the slip for this week's Mega Millions. 'Call it a hunch ( and prepare for yet another disappointment πŸ€ͺ ). Since I was fixated on the upcoming mega prize money on Sunday afternoon, anyway, when I was at Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant. 


The employee's little son, wearing a yellow
safety vest, was also behind the counter
with his dad. He looked at me and said,
"You look like a bad guy." I hoped that
he meant that I am a BAD guy!
As in ...❗πŸ‘Œ 😎 πŸ‘❗
After I had bought a lottery ticket, he
told me that after I win big I should
give him $200! Yeah, why not? πŸ€
Before the brat learns the true
value of money! πŸ’°πŸ˜πŸ‘

I got home just to switch cars. I'm weird that way. 😜 Then, it was off to go see this movie.

After the movie was over, I decided to walk around the block and do a little shopping at the Dollar Tree Store in the Target 🎯 Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane. I only bought 3 plastic shaker containers of Forrelli Original Coffee Creamer.

They only sell the 8 oz
( 227 g ) size.
The creamers are
not for me.
I hardly drink coffee.

On my 15 minute walk back to the theatre's parking lot, I couldn't help but notice how unseasonably humid the Winter weather was. My 'phone's weather forecast showed a reading of 57° Fahrenheit ( 14° Celsius ) and a humidity reading of 87%! πŸ₯΅  The humidity is because of the expected Hawaiian Pineapple Express atmospheric river that's barreling towards the California coastal regions soon.

But why is it called Pineapple Express even though the Pineapple isn't native to Hawaii? 🀷‍♂️  Noni Express would be a much better name since the Asian Pacific Noni fruit has been in Hawaii for many centuries longer than the South American Pineapple fruit. Let's start a name-change petition!  πŸ™‚

When I arrived home, I decided to finish my evening walk around the condo parking lot since I still had about 1,500 steps to do to reach my target. There was a tow truck in the parking lot which was in the process of removing a Mercedes Benz sedan from a designated parking spot. Nobody else was there except for the tow truck driver and me. So, I guess that the car was trespassing on someone else's parking spot.

There was also a black, abandoned GMC pickup truck parked opposite of the Mercedes that had a trespassing notice on it for weeks! But the truck wasn't there anymore. I believe that another tow truck had just removed it before I got home.  🀨

And the winners of today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race are, drumroll πŸ₯ please ....

Congratulations to Singapore
for finishing at the top!
πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‡πŸŽŠπŸŽ†
πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ†πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬
❗❗
🍾
And to Hong Kong
for taking 2nd.
πŸ‡­πŸ‡°πŸ₯ˆπŸ‡­πŸ‡°
❗❗
And to the USA
for 3rd place.
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ₯‰πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
❗❗
And finally to China for
taking 4th place.
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³πŸ…πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³
❗❗

Thank you for your participation in this 24-Hour Endurance Competition! πŸ‘

*




No comments:

Post a Comment