Saturday, February 10, 2024

COMMUNIST GIRLFRIEND, CAPITALIST BOYFRIEND

I watched this movie from 2 years ago tonight, February 9th, 2024, via my computer's TUBI Streaming App, in the comfort of my living room seat. ๐Ÿช‘



SCENE COMMENTARIES:

This is a novel approach to a romance movie. It's A Literal Road Trip! With ... too ... much ... talking ...going ... on ....  ๐Ÿ˜•  The subject matter doesn't lend itself well to this kind of genre. Even With A Better Dialogue And With Better Actors In It. It's just too much of a stretch--and too distracting; especially with the very confrontational girlfriend ( he was too patient to push her off the vehicle ๐Ÿ˜ ). The whole movie could have easily been pared down to anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. But, I must say, the cameraman and the scene editor did an excellent job on the Close Up scenes! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Strange how he would do a "pee stop" without aiming at a tree trunk like how most men would. If dogs aim for a tree trunk, it should be good enough for men, too.  ๐Ÿ‘

What is the posted speed limit, by the way? Even 125cc scooters are passing them by! Even somebody on an old single speed bicycle ๐Ÿšฒ  could, conceivably, have easily overtaken them. ๐Ÿ˜•  Or, perhaps, they purposely drove slowly to avoid wind noise affecting the audio recording's quality so that they wouldn't have to have the ( ad-libbed? ) dialogue redone in a recording studio. ๐ŸŽ™️ It's cheaper that way and will have less production time involved in the editing. Besides, there were hardly any vehicles on the road. But can you imagine not knowing in advance about a Road Trip film shoot planned along your itinerary? Had I been there on that day and at that same time, I would have photo-bombed the scene ( Uh, oh. Here comes the censor police ๐Ÿšจ )! ๐Ÿคช

Forty-one minutes into the movie and the guy is driving on the right side of the road, instead of on the left side. I'm confused now!  ๐Ÿคฆ‍♂️

I was really hoping that he'd buy her the street food "frog ๐Ÿธ special" :  ๐Ÿ˜


๐Ÿ‘‰ https://youtu.be/jidkz-GJwKc?si=jQIXZitlZ3b67AQO


>>>The English caption works--SOMEWHAT!<<<

Wait for the ๐Ÿธfrogs๐Ÿธ to make guest appearances! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ

Finally, the confrontational girlfriend realizes that opposites do attract. ๐Ÿ™„

I wonder if I will trigger a "content moderator" simply by virtue of this movie's title.  ๐Ÿ˜

-------

If communism is so great, why do communists flee to Capitalist countries? ๐Ÿคท‍♂️  Case in point, a recent apprehension at the US Southern Border involved many Chinese illegal aliens--the most it has been in Unlawful Border Crossing History!

And let's not forget about the Cubans in Florida and in Puerto Rico, too!


๐Ÿ‘‰ https://youtu.be/ya15a4chsTI?si=BEYEHcfjqisW5F_w


TIDBITS:

I had a Sikh co-worker once. I took him on a 1½ hour road trip to Mountain View, CA, so that I could treat him to a buffet meal at one of the best Indian restaurants around here, Passage To India. Yes, THAT Mt. View, aka Silicone Valley! Where the Tech billionaires make their money at. ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ’ฐ


Damn, he could talk nonstop! And I'm just
the complete opposite. I was hoping that
he'd run out of things to talk about. But
I was so wrong. And to make things
worse, the commute home added
another ½ hour to the trip! Was I
glad that he found another job
elsewhere! Because I would
really hate to be stuck on
another road trip with
him❗๐Ÿ™‰❗
He can figuratively talk a
person's ears off!

I had the same problem when I
talked to some girls on the
phone ☎️. Dang, why
do some people
talk too
much?
๐Ÿ™‰


Although, to be fair, I WRITE TOO MUCH! That's what my brother accused me of, at one point in time.  To each his/her own ....  ๐Ÿ˜

Before I left the house, I made sure to do my Colorectal Screening Fit Kit collection so that I could send the sample in before my appointment with my primary care doctor next Wednesday. 

I wanted to buy some lottery tickets at Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant. But it was closed today because Rey had to have surgery, I think. ๐Ÿค” He did say that he was having surgery; but I thought that it was scheduled for 2 weeks from now.  ๐Ÿคท‍♂️

So, I just went to the nearby Dollar Tree Store to buy 4 items and to the Bank of America branch to withdraw some money.

Then, on my way home, I swung by the J&R Gas & Mini-Mart to buy lottery tickets. Jimmy, the owner, was there. It was the first time that I saw him in about a month or so. The next time that I swing by there, I'll have to ask them about their new hours because their website says that they're now open 24/7/365. I don't know, it's in a not-so-good area.  ๐Ÿคจ

The rain has stopped. It's been without rain since yesterday! The forecast is no rain for the next few days. In a day or two, I'll install the antenna on my Hyundai Accent. I'll need for the base to be completely dry, first, so I can apply Super Glue on its thread to secure the antenna so that it won't get stolen like what happened to the original one❗

I walked around the park. And I had to wet-brush the soles of my sneakers ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ when I got home because I stepped on a muddy patch of grass at the park.  ๐Ÿ˜’


The Dan Foley Baseball ⚾ & Soccer ⚽ Sports
Field is officially reopened. A fresh, new
pavement was also added. It's the
one in front of the 2 men 
who are standing
nearest to 
me.

And now, for the winners of the 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race! Drumroll ๐Ÿฅ please ....



Congratulations to Singapore for taking
the 1st place finish in this race!
๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽŠ
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ
❗❗
๐Ÿพ
And to Hong Kong for taking
the 2nd place award
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฐ
❗❗
And to China for taking
the 3rd place award
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ
❗❗
And to the United Kingdom
for taking the 4th
place award. 
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
❗❗

๐Ÿฅณ

It took me a while to find the UK flag
'til it dawned on me that, perhaps,
it is the Great Britain flag--
BINGO ❗๐Ÿคญ❗


Thanks to all of the countries that were daring enough to participate in this suspense-driven 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race! ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment