Wednesday, February 14, 2024

OUT OF DARKNESS

I went to see this movie at the Regal Edwards Fairfield & I-Max in Fairfield, CA, today, Tuesday, February 13th, 2024, a Five Dollar All Day Tuesday. The price of admission was $5.00. I brought my own 20 oz ( 591 ml ) bottle of iced Aquafina water. 

I really like how the central
image resembles that
of a reptilian eye. 
This movie was actually released 
back in October 6th of 2022.
It is originally titled,
The Origin. 

Auditorium 1, C-9

SCENE COMMENTARIES:

But why did they use the "reptilian eye" image for? My guess is that it is a symbolic reference to the primal brain: The Reptilian Brain 🧠.

This part of the brain is the one
responsible for the "Fight
or Flight" action or
reaction to any
type of outside stimulus. It is 
fear-driven without thought
of consequence for one's
very own actions. 

Shirts, pants and shoes weren't invented way back then. They were invented THOUSANDS of years later. AND ... it would have made more sense for the prehistoric people to have worn such items inside-out for insulation from the cold weather. 😕

They didn't just walk around with wooden spears and flintrock daggers. They also used animal thigh bones, antlers and mandibles as weapons! 

There are 2 good reasons why ancient cultures lived near rivers and streams: Water & Fish food! They didn't have to travel inland for food because it was relatively easier & safer to just catch fish. Even without fish hooks! And, Yes, they DID have fish hooks back then which were fashioned out of bone. My Anthropology textbook has pictures and illustrations of such!  🤓

Why were the men not so hairy? 🤷🏽‍♂️ Body hair was/is a necessary survival response to the colder regions of Europe. The Eskimos are an exceptional oddity to this rule: They have darker skin to protect them from the Sun's UV rays and their females are supposedly absent of pubic hair!

Those carved necklace baby figurines are likely not from such a time period. The craftsman style is similar to those craftsmen style of civilizations contemporaneous with Old Testament times! 

This movie's not-so-well-hidden message is about a territorial encroachment's negative impact on the native peoples. Yeah, so what else is new under the Sun?  🤷‍♂️

Here are the things that I learned in my Anthropology and Archaeology classes:

We, as Cro-Magnons, didn't co-exist with the Neanderthals. We were a food source to them! Although the Cro-Magnons were stronger than us, Modern Homo Sapiens, they were inferior in strength to the Neanderthals❗

If you believe in Evolution, the Neanderthals branched off from the Cro-Magnons a long, long time ago in a parallel form. The Cro-Magnons descended from Apes. Whereas, the Neanderthals descended from Monkeys! Why do I make this assertion? Simple, the ANSWER lies in their food gathering preferences. 

When the Dinosaurs ruled Earth, our Mammalian ancestors were small in size and were forced to search/gather food at night. They developed a biological adaptation to NOCTURNAL hunting and gathering; and had little use for color vision, exhibiting a preference for black & white vision. After the Dinosaurs became "extinct," some Mammals grew in size to find food during the day as DIURNAL hunters and/or gatherers, and needed Color Vision. There are no Apes that can see in the dark. But there are 2 kinds of Monkeys that can see in the dark because they evolved to have a special visual layer in the back of their eyes, the Tapetum Lucidum. 

The Neanderthals came into existence to fill-in the need for competitive food gathering against the Cro-Magnons. Where the Cro-Magnons specialized in daytime food-finding, the Neanderthals specialized in nighttime hunting. The Cro-Magnons' color vision necessitated the need for a more complex Brain development to help process the myriad environments at the expense of their other Senses. The Neanderthals, on the other hand, didn't need to develop a more complex Brain structure because of their black & white vision BUT ... their senses of Smell and Hearing became more acute to help them track prey in the dark!

Which this movie illustrates when the Cro-Magnons are only attacked at night! But, even then, the Neanderthal's fast movement in the dark is so laughably over-exaggerated!! They were fast, But Not That Crazy Fast, based off the sound effects!!! 👎🏿 

Also, the Neanderthals not only competed with each other But Also Cannibalized Each Other! The remnant two seems an inconceivable possibility since they would have been helplessly/hopelessly hunted down by their own kind! 😕

On top of Speed and Strength, the Neanderthals had thicker Skin and denser Bones, as well. They evolved to hunt bigger prey by sheer Brute Force! Which enabled them to hunt Cave Bears and Cave Lions to extinction❗😳

How did the inferior Cro-Magnons fare in comparison? Intelligence allowed the Cro-Magnons to use Fire 🔥 to help them "see" at night. And what they lacked for in the Speed department, they made up for it in the Endurance and Stamina departments ❗👌

Humans, along with our ancient ancestors, the Neanderthals and the Cro-Magnons, are classified as Cursorial Predators. It means that we are adapted for running down prey like other such predators. But the Neanderthals specialized in Speed hunting. Whereas, the Cro-Magnons specialized in Distance hunting.

The Cro-Magnons developed a survival ability to run NON-STOP for a few Hundred Miles ❗🤯 This particular man somehow was able to physiologically reactivate such a long dormant Cro-Magnon gene:


👉  https://youtube.com/shorts/GmCaFDeAP3w?si=47Tq9ok08OtTC4BT


🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️


And if you think that THAT is such an awesome feat, how much more awesome ( awesomer? 🤔 ) would it be if a human can combine super speed with super endurance plus super stamina ...? Well, hold on to your hat! Such a superhuman feat was already accomplished❗ It has been done by some advanced Tibetan monks, and famously so by the Old Testament Prophet, Elijah:

😲❗😳❗🤯

As it has always been throughout History, those who conquered their enemies killed the males and raped the females! ( Am I gonna be "moderated" again by simply stating an Anthropological fact? 🧐  ) It was the same way with the Neanderthals when they hunted down the Cro-Magnons, too!! What happened was that the resulting NeaCro hybrids eventually produced viable offsprings, which is why non-africans have Neanderthal genes in them!!! For this movie to suggest that the Neanderthals only wanted to save the boy was certifiably laughable! 😂 Unless, of course, they were saving the boy as a future meat source! 😬

FYI: Both of the Neanderthals and the Cro-Magnons would not have thought twice about eating choice Organ Meats. The weaker ones among them were left mostly with the less nutritious Flesh meat. So, the scene wherein the Cro-Magnons took part in cannibalism should have been about slurping up/scarfing down the delicious & yummy 🤤 Organs AND ... the Bone Marrow, too!  👌😋👍

They should have used my services, as Cine-Man, the Anthropology Consultant! 😎 I could have offered my services for cheaper pay!  🤑


TIDBITS:

The first order of the day was for me to go to Kaiser Permanente Hospital for some appointments. 

My 1st appointment, a follow-up with
my primary care physician.
My 2nd appointment was for some
blood draw lab work.
This guy photo bombed
the shoot! 😠
My 3rd appointment was for a podiatric
debridement of the callouses of my
left foot and toes! As well as the
trimming of my thickened
toe nails. The doctor
told me to just 
have a pedicurist handle the nail
trimming in the future because
it will be much cheaper that
way. But my Medi-Cal lets
me get it for free!  🤑
The podiatrist wants to see me
again in a month's time.
Before the podiatrist could see me, I was
told to remove my shoes and socks. I
wanted a thorough check so I took
out my foot bones, too! 🤣
The callous looks much better this time
around. Unlike when I was admitted
to the emergency room 2X for a
severely ulcerated foot which
almost cost me my left foot
the 2nd time around and
put me on disability! 
The podiatrist gave me a tube of honey.
I asked if it was edible. He said that
it's for wound dressing ( not as a
salad 🥗 dressing ). 😄
But it's New Zealand Manuka Honey!
I've never had it before but am
curious about its taste. 🤤 
The podiatrist also recommended that
I get Urea Cream to help remove the
callouses. Urea Cream is the syn-
thetic version of the Urea which
is found in Urine. But Why Would I Have
To Buy Such A Cream When I Can Just
Put My Own Pee In A Dish Pan And
Soak My Foot In It For Cheap? 🤷‍♂️
Hey, I'm all for going Natural! 😜
But I Do Not Want To Rinse 
My Hair With It Like They
Do In Some Other
Countries ❗
🤣🤣
Okay, I'll need to designate a
dish pan for such foot
care so that I don't
end-up using it
in food prep.
🤢❗🤮
 

I still have to have an Opthalmic Retinal Scan, an Echocardiogram and a Heart Stress Test to do.  😕

Do you remember the last time that I was here and used my Rewards Card for the first time in 20 years to get an on-line movie ticket discount? Well, as it turns out, I was charged for 2 tickets! I talked to the theatre's manager as soon as I got to the cineplex. He checked the previous transaction and told me that I have a free movie pass 'til May 5th, Cinco de Mayo. I just hope to save it for a good movie to go see. Now, if only I don't forget ....  😒

-------

Finally, for the winners of today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's race! Drumroll 🥁 , please ....

In 1st place is Singapore. Congratulations!

🎆🎉🏆🎇🎊

🇸🇬🥇🇸🇬

❗❗

🍾

Hong Kong takes 2nd place. 

🇭🇰🥈🇭🇰

❗❗

And the USA takes 3rd place.

🇺🇲🥉🇺🇸

❗❗

Thanks to all of the countries that took part in this 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race to the finish line. 

🏁 🛣️ 🏎️

🥳


*

No comments:

Post a Comment