Thursday, February 29, 2024

GOMBURZA

I saw this movie, GomBurZa, yesterday, an All Day Bargain Tuesday, February 27th, 2024, at the Century 14 Vallejo, here in Vallejo, CA. The price of admission was $6.50. 

Synopsis: Three innocent native priests are charged with inciting an insurrection based on false testimony. And are then condemned to death.

PG, 1h & 52m
Auditorium 4, B-7

Scene Commentaries:

Here's my personal observation of the christian Proselytization Movement. It's wrong in a number of ways! It goes against the teachings of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach, Himself. He only sent His Apostles & Disciples to spread the Word of God! Spreading God's Word is achieved in only either of 2 ways: Through preaching and through procreating to "plant the seeds of Faith" in the mind and in the body of the believer! What better way to account for John 10:16, then? And The Word Becomes flesh in this procreative way, too. ( John 1: 14 )

Believers should be allowed and encouraged to read the Bible for themselves instead of having to irresponsibly rely on someone else's interpretation of The Word! When you appoint someone over you, even though we are all made equal in the Eyes of God, then "the blind will lead the blind astray" ( Matthew 15:14 ). But always pray to God for Wisdom and Discernment. God doesn't reward solely based on achievements but more importantly on COMMENSURATE Sincere Efforts! ( St. John, the Revelator's Book Of The Apocalypse 12:17 ) And another Apostle, St. James, the brother of Yeshua, who knew Him for up to 30 years prior to His Ministry and was with Him in His last 3 years, opposed the notion that "faith without works" ( salvation through faith ) will earn one a rightful place in Heaven. ( Book of James 2:17-26 )

Who would you rather believe, a ๐Ÿ‘‰Divinely Ordained๐Ÿ‘ˆ by the Holy Spirit Apostle and blood brother of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach ... 

-
or the rabbis' secret agent of Operation Disinformation, the self-appointed ( false witness is one of the 10 Commandments ) wolf-in-sheep's-clothing, paul? 

To have an image of paul juxtaposed with that of the Church's ๐Ÿ‘‰TRUE๐Ÿ‘ˆ Founder, the Apostle St. Peter, Is A Cultic, IDOLATROUS ( one of the 10 Commandments ) and Sacrilegious form of BLASPHEMY ❗❗❗ Remember, The One Unpardonable Sin IS BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT!!! ( Matthew 12:31 )

What happens when you go around proselytizing others to your way of thinking? Your Faith In God Diminishes proportionately! Because you had little Faith in God to begin with! Your so-called "faith" rests in the sense of "security in numbers"! Yeshua Ha'Mashiach, and The Prophets before Him, Each Stood Alone Against The Whole World---THAT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF COURAGEOUS FAITH❗❗❗( Matthew 10:22, John 15:18-25 )

That's why I find it very amusing for a believer of one denomination, like the mormons and the jehovah's witnesses, to try to convert the members of another denomination❗ "Misery loves Company", perhaps. ๐Ÿ˜• And, as I've said it previously in my blog on THE CHOSEN: SEASON 4, you have paul to "thank" for dividing God's Kingdom into over 32,000 denominations ❗๐Ÿ‘Ž❗ ๐Ÿ‘‰Remember, only ONE denomination is the Right One๐Ÿ‘ˆ❗❗❗

Lastly, if your marriage proposal is refused by the parents of the one that you're interested in marrying UNLESS You Convert To Their Own religion, just remember that they're guilty of PROSTITUTING their own daughter to you❗( Leviticus 19:29 )

-------

When the natives saw the Europeans arrive in technological resplendence, they ๐Ÿ‘‰COVETED๐Ÿ‘ˆ ( one of the 10 Commandments ) what the foreigners displayed before their very own eyes! From then on, it was a simple task for the missionaries to convert the wannabe "ELITIST christian believers" who craved and hungered for the "carrot-on-a-stick" dangled before the mesmerized natives' mouths!

What the crest-fallen Indio native priest, Fr. Pelaez, soon realized was that the white Spanish friars Never Intended To Share The "White Man's Mojo"  with the Indio native priests ❗Even though the natives would be more receptive to the teachings of someone who identified with them. The mendicant friars simply never wanted to share their wealth, power, influence, prestige and position with the Indio or even the mestizo priests ❗❗Fr. Pelaez decided to form his own pseudo christian church. That act was enough for the friars to condem him to death for heresy❗❗❗But this progenitor had already sown the seeds of rebellion amongst the Indios.

A sense of nationalism, Los Filipinos, was starting to simmer as the Spanish friars' abusive rulership was gradually coming to a boil! An Indio was asked how he would describe himself as. Innocently enough, he said that he was a Tagalog. Yeah, I have no problem with that because I, myself, prefer to be called a Bisaya---"To each his own."

But I don't know why the Indios and even the Mestizos didn't propose to give the Philippine Archipelago its former name:

This empire was ruled over
from Tondo, Manila. 

This summary is the backdrop for the GomBurZa movement. The mestizo priests Gomez, Burgos and Zamora were framed for a crime that they never committed! The failed insurrection only sealed their fate!! The garrote's creaking sound as it was turned tighter and tighter against each of its victims' necks was very unpleasant for me to hear!!! 

The priest giving the condemned priests their last rites tried to console them with, "Even Christ, Himself, was innocent." Gee, thanks, padre, for your words of DIScouragement! Here, have a seat!!๐Ÿช‘ Come join us!!! ๐Ÿ˜’  Sit your innocent ass down❗๐Ÿ™„❗

I didn't know that Dr. Jose Rizal, as a young boy, witnessed the GomBurZa execution. Which influenced his novel, El Filibusterismo.

Whites and Blacks would be shocked to see the battle flag of the Kagalang-galangan, Kataas-taasang Katipunan.  ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

-------

TIDBITS:

I was in 6th Grade when I learned about the GomBurZa. And if I recall correctly, the images of the 3 priests were drawn to make them look more native instead of the mestizos that they were! The subject was all just introductory material, though. I'm glad that I got to see this movie and learned more about the subject. And I appreciate the fact that the film production really made every effort to make this movie a better quality one!  It deserves its 2nd place win at the MMFF ( Metro Manila Film Festival ). ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ‘ A lot of people were very much involved in the making of this movie. 

It is strange how I still remember a lot of the Spanish words used in this movie; I could say the same thing about the Tagalog words used, too. Mind you, these are all words that I neither used nor heard in DECADES ❗ And I couldn't help but ask myself a number of times what some of the Tagalog words' Bisayan equivalents are!

My father, on the other hand, spoke Bisaya, Moros, Tagalog, Spanish, Japanese, Latin and English. And my mother spoke Bicol, Tagalog, Bisaya and English.

I would love to learn to speak other languages, too, God willing. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ If only to keep my mind healthy and active in my senior years. ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿฝ‍๐Ÿฆณ

Today, a form of Creole Spanish is spoken in Luzon's Cavite, a combination of Tagalog and Castilian Spanish. In Mindanao's Zamboanga, a slightly different form of Creole Spanish is also spoken, a combination of Bisaya and Mexican Spanish. Either Philippine creole Spanish languages is called, Chavacano or Tsabakano--if you want to go native on it. ๐Ÿ˜’ 

By the way, we call Spanish people, Castilla. 

Today, a day after watching these 2 movies, I went to Kaiser Permanente Hospital for my Opthalmology appointment. The tech put Tropicamide eye drops in each eye for the Retinal Scan. After it was all over, I was given a slip-on sunshade for my eyeglasses because the eye drops really dilated my irises. I got to my car in the parking garage and thought that there was something wrong with my car's cabin lights and headlights because I could barely see anything in the dark. Then, it dawned on me that I had the slip-on sunshade attached to my eyeglasses! ๐Ÿคฆ‍♂️

-

Then, I went to BofA to withdraw some money. As I walked outside the bank branch, one of the tellers chased me down because I left my wallet on the counter! ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿผ Speaking of chase, I went to Chase Bank, too! ๐Ÿ˜€

I got $8.00 worth of gas ⛽ , which is only 2.0 gallons/7.6 liters ( no thanks to the occupier of the White House ๐Ÿ˜’ ) at J&R Mini Mart. Then, I went to India Bazaar to buy my favorite herbal toothpaste, Dant Kanti. And my eyes were still too dilated for me to focus on distant objects! ๐Ÿ˜ถ

-
I asked the proprietor's son if he speaks Punjabi. He said that he does. I told him that I saw a Punjabi romance movie recently, JEE VE SOHNEYA JEE. He laughed and said that Punjabi movies usually are about romance. Now that I think about it, he is right! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Then, I asked him to translate the title into English. He said that it says, "Live Long, Handsome." Did he just flatter me?  ๐Ÿ˜

-------

And, now, for the winners of the recent 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race. Drumroll ๐Ÿฅ please ....

Singapore, congratulations on
your 1st place win!
๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‡๐Ÿ†๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽŠ
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ
❗❗
๐Ÿพ
China, congratulations on
your 2nd place win!
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ
❗❗
Australia and the USA
tie for 3rd place!
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
❗❗
And Germany and Israel
tie for 4th place.
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ
❗❗

Thanks to all of the countries that participated in the latest 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race to the Finish Line! ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ›ฃ️ ๐ŸŽ️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment