Friday, March 1, 2024

ORDINARY ANGELS

I saw this movie today, Thursday, a Leap Day, February 29th, 2024. The Price of admission was $7.50. I brought a 20 oz ( 591 ml ) bottle of iced Dasani with me. 

Synopsis: A small town hairdresser will stop at nothing to raise funds for a little girl's liver transplant surgery. Based on a true story. 

PG, 1h & 56m
Auditorium 10, B-7

Scene Commentaries:

This is the first time I've ever heard of this congenital condition involving the Bile Ducts:

-

Why didn't the father call for an ambulance? An ambulance ๐Ÿš‘ is equipped to help stabilize a person experiencing a medical distress. Later on, the grandmother did call for an ambulance on a separate emergency.

Last year's Blockbuster, SOUND OF FREEDOM, based on a TRUE Story, avoids the more sinister ๐Ÿ˜ˆ side of child trafficking: Organ Harvesting ❗Think about it for a minute. You cannot transplant adult-size organs into little children ❗❗You NEED to have little children-size organs to harvest. And what better way than to open the Southern Border to conveniently let in countless Undocumented ( read: NO! PAPER!! TRAILS!!! ) Innocent Children❗❗❗ The better looking ones are sold over and over for SEX! Child sex trafficking is better than selling fentanyl or cocaine because drugs can only be sold once, unlike child sex slaves❗ The ugly, undesirable children are sold for "spare parts"❗❗ These In And Of Themselves Are A Good Reason To Close Our Borders❗❗❗"Let's go, brandon!"๐Ÿ–•

If a child organ recipient suddenly develops a craving for south-of-the-border food, you know the likely reason why!!! ๐Ÿ˜ข

The paper grocery bag is too wrinkled! The scene probably took many takes ๐ŸŽฌ to get it just right.

Isn't there a nonprofit, church-sponsored food pantry in that town?

Why didn't the father apply for governmental aid, based on hardship, for food and medical assistance? After all, US Citizen Taxpayers are entitled to it! Unlike the invading ILLEGALS & JIHADISTS that DEMAND & are then given "free stuff"  ๐Ÿ™„ to change the demographics and to buy their UNCONSTITUTIONAL Votes❗

The blacks who voted for the racist brandon are now realizing that he does not give a damn about blm! Unless, of course, it is an acronym for BROWN Lives matter! You know the kind, the Invaders that are overrunning our country❗


๐Ÿ‘‰  https://youtube.com/shorts/svaZstBEoBA?si=sXxsxcoywO-MyoHO


"Don't you want the bills paid?" Yeah, good question.

But at least the hospital forgave the outstanding bills. If this actually happened, kudos to the hospital.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ‘

A reverse mortgage is a scam! I don't know why Tom Selleck keeps trying to sell it to old people. ๐Ÿคท‍♂️


๐Ÿ‘‰ https://youtu.be/Kb2vYvqC6ro?si=-ODzRXPsePAZfSDt


Her own son's words, "... (N)ot because she's sick. But because she's counting on you!" Ouch! That gotta hurt much!! No wonder she went back to a drinking binge!!! ๐Ÿ˜ต‍๐Ÿ’ซ

Yes, it's hard to part with something that means so much to you. Especially a house built by your own father and which is your last connection to your late wife, as the widower explained. In my case, I have kept some items that once belonged to my mother. I couldn't even finish using the tissues in the facial tissue box that I bought for my mother a few months before she passed away in February of 1996! You cannot put a price on Sentimental Value.

This is the box of facial tissues that I bought
for my mother just months before she
passed away. It's a Scotties Family
Size box. It's either a 175- or
a 200-count one. It is
28½ years old. It's
probably older
than some
of you
are!

"You're not doing it for Michelle. You're doing it for yourself!" He says to the mother who's estranged from her own son and who's substituting the man's daughter in a desperate proxy bid at redemption. ๐Ÿ™

Why didn't they use road flares in the snow whiteout to guide the helicopter? ๐Ÿคท‍♂️  Road flares would have been more visible to the helicopter ๐Ÿš pilot than the jackets and blankets laid out in the landing zone. And when the helicopter's rotor blades blew the jackets and blankets away, I thought that any number of them would get lodged around the blades!  ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

It's a medical emergency and you're in a race against Time! So, stop talking and get in the helicopter right away❗๐Ÿคฆ‍♂️❗

In real life, the airlift happened in the daytime, according to the footage shown during the Ending Credits. Yeah, they didn't need road flares then. ๐Ÿ˜

I just hate it when Whollyweird exercises Creative License to tweak a TRUE Story, for the sake of dramatization!  ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿง They didn't expect Cine-Man to stick around until after the Ending Credits ended! ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ“

Overall, this is a good inspirational movie to go see. Bring a box of tissues with you! 'Just saying .... And if they show this movie again later on in the year, then it's being promoted as an Oscar contender. 

Tidbits:

My sister in Michigan texted me this article:

So, I went to the local Wendy's
to try it out for free! ๐Ÿค‘
-
Well, here I was at the local Wendy's Restaurant celebrating Leap Day with my free Cinnabon ๐Ÿง & my free Senior Coffee ☕ breakfast! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘

I felt bad about exploiting the system. ๐Ÿ™ So, I paid for a small fountain Lemonade Tea. BUT not bad enough because I filled my empty Core Hydration water bottle with their fountain water! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

There was no line. I was preceded by a couple of older men who had already taken a table.

The coffee--I forgot to request for a decaf--was too strong for me. Even with the 5 half & half individual mini servings that I put in it! I had to add in 8 squirts of Splenda Stevia ( that I brought with me ) to make it taste better! ๐Ÿ˜• The coffee's unenjoyable taste might have something to do with my not being in the habit of drinking such a beverage. ๐Ÿค”

As for the Cinnabon, it was rather soggy. And it had just a scant cinnamon taste in it. ๐Ÿ‘Ž It was more doughy than "cinnamony" in taste. The sugary icing made it taste slightly better. ๐Ÿ˜’  But just by an itsy-bitsy, tiny bit!๐Ÿ‘Œ

Well, at least I didn't have to pay for either one. ๐Ÿค‘ So, I should stop complaining now! ๐Ÿค

When I arrived back home, I noticed a section of a carport's roof had some damage to it. It was probably caused by the recent rainstorm. The one when I overheard a neighbor asking a tree surgeon to cut a whole tree down for fear that it will damage her unit.

As one can obviously see, the tree
branch fell AWAY from the
building. The user of
 the #60 space
was lucky! 

I had some Durian with my Overnight Oats lunch. I still don't know why it's described as, "Smells like Hell, tastes like Heaven." It's stinky and mushy; an acquired taste, literally! ๐Ÿคข

It looks and smells like a porcupine
and a skunk had interspecies
sex and ended up with
an unwanted
baby! 

My brother gave it to me yesterday, Wednesday, when I went to his house so he could help me with the oil change in my Hyundai Accent. The oil pan drain plug was installed too tight by a mechanic and my brother has the power tool needed for the job. I also installed the OEM antenna on my car, finally---And I liberally applied Super Glue to the thread and screwed it on tight with the use of an adjustable wrench! ๐Ÿ”ง

After the movie was over, I waited in the theatre lobby for the rain to stop. Then, I walked around the block of Turner Parkway, Admiral Callaghan Lane and Parkview Drive. I was just a few hundred steps shy of reaching my minimum target of 7,000 steps. 

But that was okay because I had yet to do a bit of shopping at the Vallejo Neighborhood Wal-Mart. Where I bought cheese, flax seeds, chia seeds and keto breads.

I am doing a price comparison on
Fish Oil brands as I'm running
low on it. I usually get
Krill Oil. But I'm 
trying this
one.
In a pinch, Mackerel, Salmon 
and Sardines can do the
job once in a while.
But because these fishes
have Mercury in them, 
it's best to limit the
amount eaten
per week.
Fish Oils have the
Mercury removed
from them. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

I bought the one in the middle when I went
to the Admiral Callaghan Lane GROCERY
Outlet Bargain Market. It was the last
one on the shelf. I'll keep an eye
out for it so that I can stock
up on it when it is in
stock again. ๐Ÿ‘️

-------

Now, without further ado, here are today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race winners. Drumroll ๐Ÿฅ please ....

Congratulations, Singapore, on
your 1st place win!
๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽŠ
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ
❗❗
๐Ÿพ
Congratulations, USA, on
your 2nd place win!
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
❗❗
Congratulations, Russia, on
your 3rd place win!
๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ
❗❗
And a congratulations to both
Israel & India on your
4th place tie!
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ
❗❗

Notably, Singapore was off to a very late start because of mechanical issues❗And only got on track about 12 hours later❗❗But their team mustered the Turbo Power and the Hypersport Car Racing Skills needed to beat everyone else once again❗❗❗ What the heck kind of engine did the Singaporean  pit crew put under the hood/bonnet of their race car❓๐Ÿ˜ฆ❗๐Ÿ˜ฎ❓๐Ÿ˜ฏ❗๐Ÿ˜ฒ❓๐Ÿ˜ณ❗And is it even Rules Compliant❓๐Ÿคจ❗๐Ÿ˜ถ❓๐Ÿคซ❗

Thanks to all of the International racing participants that made it to the Finish Line!

๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ›ฃ️ ๐ŸŽ️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment