Friday, March 29, 2024

OPERATION: KICK-ASS

I started watching this movie during the witching hour of predawn Friday, March 29th, 2024, in bed 🛏️ via my cellphone's 🤳 TUBI Streaming App. 




Scene Commentaries:

A victim of sex slavery is rescued and recruited into a secret agency to go on deadly missions. But is it really such a good idea to send on a mission someone who is mentally unstable and gets easily triggered by traumatic flashbacks? Don't they have to undergo Psychological Evaluations first?  🤷‍♂️

This movie is in Chinese with no subtitles. But it has scenes which involve interactions with English speaking foreigners. It is only then that the Chinese speakers speak in English! Ya gotta do wat ya gotta do to save on Production Costs; even doing away with subtitles!  🤑  Which is good, I guess ....  😒

I mean, have you seen many cheap Chinese made movies with English subtitles? A good majority of them have stupid interpretations that are gosh-awfully funny to try and read through! 😂  It's as if they have a talent scout wait patiently at the airport for any Chinese passenger from the USA or the UK to off-board and ask them if they are now conversationally competent in the English language. If the Chinese passenger says, Yes, he/she is immediately hired on the spot to write the English subtitles to the movie project that is currently in production! 😁 😁 😁 

The wirework in the fight scenes is too obvious! Fire the new guy SFX wirework team.  👎

The way that the female assassins load their guns with just a flick of the wrist and with such an over-the-top precision & timing is awesome & sexy to watch! 🤯

Charlie's Angels ... OR ... Chinese Angels?  🤔 Your choice❗😜❗

The shoot-out in the warehouse had a bad guy with the drop on her as she stepped out of the room. She had to turn to her left to see the bad guy already standing there before she dispatched him. Why couldn't he have shot at her first?  🤷‍♂️

The code is to enable one to hack Internet Access Profiles. But they already do quite a lot of that in China! 🤦‍♂️ Their military loves to hack & spy on people, businesses and foreign militaries as other nations do, too! So, why doesn't the Bad Guy haggle down the asking price?  😕

At least a half dozen automatic rifles ( plus a shotgun ) were shooting at the fleeing duo but neither one gets hit!  🤦‍♂️

Why did Merrill Lynch ( her alias 😏 ), the computer tech, block the SUV? Her dumb move only managed to activate a Facial Recognition device which just easily identified her as an anti-DarkWeb agent ( something that she should have known & anticipated ) in a poorly written Agent Profile!  😒 Why didn't they hire me, Cine-Man, to write the background profile on her, instead? 🙄 They wouldn't even have had to go and pick me up at the airport because I could've easily done the job remotely!  😎  Social distancing and all that. 😷 Just P M me on this blogsite ....  😄

"BPCALL, Highway Club." A strip club for truckers? 😂 😂 😂

Nothing else pisses off a Chinese stripper than to be called to Pole Dance when she's not even done slurping 😋 up her Ramen 🍜 Noodles!

What the hell are "African horse monkeys"?  🤷‍♂️ I did a google search on it and came up with nothing! 

If you want to be considered as a female secret service agent, you must first strip down to your skivvies--and they've better be white & tight!  😜

You girls show me your legs, I'll show you mine❗😜❗

Chicago Demons is a basketball athletic program for Grades 1 through 12 in Chicago, Illinois.

Their secret headquarters has the acronym of QWS and a chart that says "Base Map" on it. So, why is no one speaking in English? I submitted the notice for "Captions Aren't Working" 3X already. But TUBI hasn't fixed it yet!  😕

At 32 minutes into the movie, I finally saw an English subtitle at the bottom. 😃 And quite by accident, too! It was barely peeking out. On a hunch, at a minute later, I put the screen back to its original size instead of in the Full Screen mode. And there they were, The English Subtitles❗🤦‍♂️❗Well, at least this movie is only 1 hour & 9 minutes long. So, I won't mind seeing the 1st half of this movie all over again!  🙂  It will be over before I know it. ( I did rewatch the 1st half so that I could write down more funny comments. 🤪 )

The TUBI Tech Guy must have wondered, "How Stupidly CLUELESS is this Idiot to not notice the subtitles at the bottom of the screen after I already unlocked the function for him?  🙄  He'd better not submit a 4th "Captions Aren't Working" notice or I swear ...."  🤬  

"Third time's a charm."  🙃

There should have been more blood spilled in the rooftop Knife-Fighting scene.  I'd better not get "moderated" for this ....  😒

"Pension" seems to be the Taboo word in this line of work ....  🤫

I was right about the English subtitles. They read like someone who was fresh off the plane, with an intermediate grasp of written English, wrote ✍️ them! 🤣  Or just blame it on the Script Girl; as I believe that they don't have a scriptwriters' union! 😂

I don't think 10 seconds will be enough for her ( after all, the hostage did touch her once before even though she doesn't like strange men touching her ) to slowly and deliberately walk up the stairs, kneel before you and then proceed to lick your toes! 🦶 😛 ( Athlete's Foot Fungus, anyone? 🤢 Blech! 🤮 ) Just shoot the hostage and be done with it already❗😂❗So that you guys can all go home 😃 and, in my case, I can go to sleep 😴.

The Good Guy vs Bad Guy fight scene at the end is pretty good! 👍

-------

Tidbits:

I wrote an e-mail to the Singapore Embassy last night. I would like their government to reinstate access to my blogsite for the benefit of my Singaporean readers.  🤞

-
And today, before having my lunch at Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant here in Vallejo, CA, I swung by the Admiral Callaghan Lane Post Office to drop-off a letter to County of Solano, Health and Social Services Department for the renewal of my status.

I didn't know that I had to renew
every 6 months.
😕


After finishing my lunch at Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant, I walked on over to the Dollar Tree Store to buy some more of the 40-watt Equivalent LED Light Bulbs. Why not, if it helps me to save lots of money on my Electric Bill?  🤑

I bought two 2-packs for now. 
-------

Now, for the winners of today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race! Drumroll 🥁 please ....

Congratulations to Hong Kong for
winning in 1st place!
🎉🎇🏆🎆🎊
🇭🇰🥇🇭🇰
❗❗
🍾
Congratulations to the USA for
winning in 2nd place!
🇺🇲🥈🇺🇸
❗❗
Congratulations to Russia for 
winning in 3rd place!
🇷🇺🥉🇷🇺
❗❗
Congratulations to Germany & Israel
for tying in 4th place!
🇩🇪🏅🇮🇱
❗❗

Thank you to all of the countries that entered in today's 24-Hour Race to the Finish!  🏁  🛣️  🏎️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment