Tuesday, March 19, 2024

ARTHUR, THE KING

I went to see this today, March 19th, 2024, a $5.50 All Day Tuesday, at the Regal Edwards Fairfield & I-Max in Fairfield, CA. The price of admission was $5.50. I brought my own 20 oz ( 591 ml ) bottle of iced Aquafina Water. A stick of Zero Sugar Pure Kick Citrus Hydrate to flavor my water with. And I also brought a Weight Watchers' Fiber One Peanut Butter Cocoa Crumble protein bar and a bag of Sol-Ti Sprouted Coconut Cashew SuperMix to serve as my lunch. 

Auditorium 15, C-10

Scene Commentaries:

Yes, your Past doesn't define you! You can wallow in self-pity or open up to a myriad of possibilities that the Future has in store for you.  😊

Don't they have a Topographic Map to help with their navigation? 🧭

It would have been a wise thing to keep their cellphones each sealed in a waterproof bag with a sling or lanyard attachment. 😕 But this is just me using some common sense.

When they got to the Zipline platform, why did they not dismount as they each waited for their turn? 🤷‍♂️

The Zipline scene is quite suspenseful!  😦

They've been jogging for hours and could still talk normally? Back in '82-'83, I jogged for 12 miles ( 19.3 km ) per day, 6 times a week and was more concentrated on my breathing cadence: 1 long exhale and 2 quick inhales. It was the only way that I could cover such a distance in the hot 🥵 and humid ☁️ weather. And I was already acclimated to the weather! I just couldn't possibly see myself engaging in small talk or even singing to myself. And the Dominican Republic has the same kind of tropical humid weather as that in the Philippines.

How was the dog able to follow them for over 200 miles ( 321.9 km )? Inquiring minds need to know. 🧐

As a matter of Honor, I would have told the whole world who actually won the race. That's how I feel about it! Because winning is not everything; Doing The Right Thing IS The Only Thing!! And I wouldn't have been able to accept the 1st place win with my Conscience nagging at me!!!

This is a good movie to take your brats to go see. 🥤👦👧🍿

Tidbits:

Yesterday, Monday, March 18th, 2024, I used the callus file ( that I bought on Saturday ) for the first time.

The only thing wrong with the Callus File is that
it's too wide! I'll have to get the Dr. Scholl's
Hard Skin Remover ( $7.97 ), also. 

It's very good to use. 👍 It has a debris-catcher for convenience. When I went to dispose the shavings, I couldn't help but noticed how they look like Grated Parmesan Cheese! 🤢 I hope that none of you guys are eating Spaghetti with Meatballs & Cheese 🍝 while reading this❗🤮❗

I went to the local CSAA office at around 5:30 p.m. to pay on my car insurance. Then, I went to the FedEx Kinko's at the Admiral Callaghan Lane Safeway Shopping Center to make some copies to submit to the State Government. I dropped off the letter at the Admiral Callaghan Lane Post Office.

As I walked up the steps to deposit my letter in the Post Office's lobby, I noticed across the street what looked to be an AC Cobra Race Car on a trailer bed of a truck parked next to the Grocery Outlet Bargain Market. I needed to go to the grocery store, anyway. So, it was a serendipitous occasion! 🤗

I knocked on the pick-up truck's rolled-up passenger's side window. The driver cracked the window slightly open. I asked him what kind of race car it was that he was hauling. He didn't know. I asked for his permission to take pictures of the car. Here it is:

-
A side logo says something about a
British Race Car Club. It's not a
Cobra but they're both
British in origin.
🇬🇧🏎️🇬🇧 

Now that we're on the subject of race cars, I think 🤔 that Team Singapore used this particular car to UTTERLY Dominate in the 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race, as it emphasizes Function over Form: 

This should've been what the highway patrol 🚓 used as their pursuit vehicles! Instead of the
Dodge Charger Hellcat!! This thing
could run circles around the
Hellcat All Day
Long!!!
👮🏻‍♂️
In its original form, it was powered by a
Chrysler 4 cylinder turbo engine! Just
imagine what it would be able to
accomplish with a bigger and
or better engine under
the hood❗😲❗

Team Hong Kong might have started using this race car, too! 😉 I don't mind at all. I impose no bans or restrictions--Other Than Safety--on whatever kind of hypersport race cars the competing countries put on the track! Also, electric cars are the exception: They're not designed for races that involve Durability, Distance & Quick Fuel-Ups; and are too heavy, which makes them deadly in a crash. 👎

Here's a 26 minute background on the Mosler Consulier GTP:


👉 https://youtu.be/1sCnvBuDRJ0?si=99TECas-Z9Ci4cfw


It was intentionally shaped for structural integrity, serving as a load-bearing surface in the absence of a traditional body chassis. 

-------

I decided that today would be the day that I test out my Saturn SC-1's new antenna's signal reception deep in the valley between Vallejo and Fairfield on the I-80 Freeway.  🙂 It works! It pulls in radio signals. That's the good news. 😐

The bad news owes to its short 13.5 inch ( 34.3 cm ) length and the spiral wound along its entire flexible length to increase its surface area. At 60 mph ( 96.6 kph ) and with a strong enough wind, it emits a low pitch staccato whistle sound caused by it being whipped about in the turbulence of the wind. And I Had Already Super Glued It Into Place So That I Couldn't Return It For An Exchange ❗🤦‍♂️❗At least the whipping noise gets drowned out by cranking up the volume of my car radio!  😕

Word of Advice: Don't buy a fender-mounted flexible short antenna with a spiral wound along its length! Buy a long skinny antenna, instead. Otherwise, wind turbulence pushing against it and deflecting against it from the windshield surface will only cause sound interference. I don't know if Lexus cars have such a problem with wind turbulence. 🤷‍♂️

When I got off the freeway, I didn't know that the right Left Turn Lane was closed off at the next light. I only found out about it when I got on the lane. I had to wait for someone to yield to me because everyone thought that I was cutting in line! But even if there was a road sign posted at the exit ramp, there was no way that I could have ever merged into the left Left Turn Lane because the line was a whole block in length! I don't know why any repair work or updates wasn't done late at night, instead ❗😠❗A pick-up 🛻 truck yielded to me; I waved him a "Thank you."

I was having the urge to empty my bladder by the time that I arrived at the theatre. And there was a long line of elderlies ( older than myself ) ahead of me at the Cash Only register! I asked the other cashier who didn't have a line if he could give me an exception and sell me a ticket even though his line was only for card purchases. He said that he couldn't accommodate me. After waiting for a few more minutes, I was able to get a ticket!  🎫 I headed for the men's room to empty my bladder and noticed that there were no longer any movie patrons at the box office counter❗🙄❗

-------

As youtube's World Famous Auto Mechanic Scotty Kilmer would say, "Rev up your engines❗❗❗" 

Here are today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race winners. Drumroll 🥁 please ....

Congratulations to Hong Kong for
winning in 1st place!
🎉🎆🏆🎊🎇
🇭🇰🥇🇭🇰
❗❗
🍾
Congratulations to Israel for
winning in 2nd place!
🇮🇱🥈🇮🇱
❗❗
And congratulations to the USA
for winning in 3rd place!
🇺🇲🥉🇺🇸
❗❗

Thanks to the countries that participated in today's 24-Hour Race to The Finish!  🏁  🛣️   🏎️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment