Saturday, March 30, 2024

TANGO SHALOM

I watched this very early in the morning today, Saturday, March 30th, 2024, in bed 🛏️ via my cellphone's 🤳 TUBI Streaming App. 


Scene Commentaries:

I am quite surprised that someone actually came up with this Very Interesting Idea for a Dramedy Movie! 😀

My Persian Jew classmate ( who I mentioned in my blog on THE PERSIAN VERSION ) had a Mezuzah nailed to her apartment doorframe. That was the first time that I've ever seen one in real life. I wanted to get one to attach to my mom's house's front door but she would never have understood what it was for.  😏 Later on, I thought about getting one for my condo unit's front door but I don't know if it's a good idea to have one in my neighborhood.  🤷‍♂️

"Fernando Caliente, the hot Hasidic bullfighter!" 😂 😂 😂

The old-fashioned grandma at the dining table was melodramatically funny.

Okay, this is probably just for laughs. But I'm not sure 🤔 that businesses have doctors on the spot to do physical exams on potential new hires. But the Hernia Test requirement scene is very funny! 🤣

As an aside, in the Old Testament of The Bible, whenever someone placed his right hand under another man's thigh to swear an oath that affects the future generations of both men, the man making the solemn oath actually had to cup the testicles of the other man that he was making a promise to! 😬 I'm okay with just shaking hands, though. After all, some guys out there grab other men's hands Very Bone-Crushingly HARD---And I Don't Want Any Man Grabbing My Testicles In Such A Way❗😖❗

The 1st scene at the dance studio was charming! 👌

And I can't believe that the dance teacher actually chose Hava Nagila! 😍 I think that I might have already mentioned this song years ago. I'm not too sure, though. But it's worth mentioning again! This song was played repeatedly on the radio 📻 back in June of 1967, in my town of Kidapawan, Cotabato, Mindanao, Philippines after the end of the Six Day War, much to the chagrin of the native moslems. But it was played mostly for a devilish 😈 reason, as I pointed it out to my Persian Jew classmate when I spent time with her at her apartment studying for our upcoming exam. You see, media censorship was strict back then. But this song was an easy way for the DJs to get around the censorship issue. Imagine me as a puzzled little boy running around and asking others why the radio was playing a nasty song over & over! 😂 😂 😂  But all that was needed was for the listener to know how to speak in Tagalog & in Bisaya. Because the Hebrew words in the song actually almost sound like Pilipino words. To prove my point, I sang it to my Persian Jew classmate in what Pilipinos think that it sounds like and, finally, in how it translates to in English.

Here is what it sounds like to a Pilipino who speaks Tagalog and Bisaya:

Haba nang dila, haba nang dila, haba nang dila ne Mila. Haba nang dila niya, haba nang dila niya, haba nang dila ne Mila. Ooh ... malaki'ng bilat ne Mila, malaki'ng bilat ne Mila, malaki'ng bilat ne Mila, malaki'ng bilat ne Mila. Malaki! Malaki'ng ... bilat ne Mila .... 

And this is what it translates to in English, my apologies in advance:  🙏

Her tongue's very long, her tongue's very long, Mila's tongue is so very long. Her tongue is very long, her tongue is very long, Mila's tongue is so very long. Ooh ... Mila's got a big vagina, Mila's got a big vagina, Mila's got a big vagina, Mila's got a big vagina. It is big! It is big ... Mila's vagina ....

My classmate doubled-over laughing! 🤣 🤣 🤣

I didn't know that Hasidic men go to bed with a Kippah on their head. This is a new one on me! 😐

The Rabbi, the Priest, the Imam and the Granthi give Moshe their own religious advice. But the balloon 🎈from the Granthi who has such mysterious eyes was a very imaginative solution that really, really made me interested in this movie even more!

The curious pedestrians 🚸 gathering outside of the dance studio to witness the strange spectacle 💃🎈🕺was very amusing to see!  😄

To a Hasidic Jew, breaking a female stranger's balloon 🎈 barrier seems as bad as breaking a female stranger's hymen--heaven forbid❗😲❗

Cyberspace fame's consequences: "Look, Moshe! Are my eyes 👀 crossing yet?" 😁 Oy 😁 Vey 😁

If you see furniture stores closing and opening under another new name, they're really not going out of business. What they do is have people buy furniture on credit and once they have enough customers buying on credit, they turn around and sell the furniture business because they can get their initial investment back in the business PLUS the extra profit that the credit 💳 card buying customers financially represent to the "new" owners!  🤑

You know, now that they made headlines, she could just establish a GoFundMe account for her daughter and get more money! 💰 And Moshe can keep the prize money to share with his brother!! A Win-Win situation 👌❗😎❗👍

Tango, the dance that brings together a religiously diverse community! Ahh ... such a "Feel Good" movie.  👌☺️👍

Here, go ahead. Have a banana! 🍌
 

Shh ....  🤫 Here's how Hasidic Jews really party behind closed doors: 😉


👉 https://youtu.be/EGmXAu8geVg?si=73ZZSb4GY46aNrA0


I don't know why this funny movie wasn't shown on the Big Screen. 😕 I would have gladly paid money to go and see it on such a screen! 🥤🙂🍿

The Granthi character actor should be cast in some really scary movie franchise! He'd fit right in!! I'd be scared to find myself alone with him in a dimly lit room and be forced to stare 😳 into his eyes The Whole Time ❗😬❗

FYI: If you're curious as to why I mostly stay up until the early morning hours, it is because of my diagnosed Heart Disease condition. Statistically speaking, most Heart Attack deaths happen between the early morning hours between 3 & 6. I make sure to hydrate and stay awake until around 5 a.m. before I take a 5-hour sleep. 😴 But I also sleep 😪 early in the evening to wake up around midnight. So that I can stay awake for the next 4 hours. 🥱

-------

Here are today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race winners. Drumroll 🥁 please ....

Congratulations to Hong Kong for
winning in 1st place!
🎉🎆🏆🎇🎊
🇭🇰🥇🇭🇰
❗❗
🍾
Congratulations to the USA for
winning in 2nd place!
🇺🇲🥈🇺🇸
❗❗
Congratulations to Israel for
winning in 3rd place!
🇮🇱🥉🇮🇱
❗❗
Congratulations to the UK for
winning in 4th place!
🇬🇧🏅🇬🇧
❗❗
And congratulations to Germany for
rounding up the top 5!
🇩🇪🎖️🇩🇪
❗❗

Thanks to the countries that entered in today's 24-Hour Race to the Finish!  🏁   🛣️   🏎️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment