Saturday, March 9, 2024

DUNE: PART TWO

I went to see this today, Sa awayturday, March 9th, 2023, at the Century 14 Vallejo, here in Vallejo, CA. The price of admission was $7:50. I brought my own 20 oz ( 591 ml ) iced bottle of Dasani Water. I also brought Weight Watchers Fiber One Peanut Butter Cocoa Crumble protein bar and about ½ cup of dark chocolate covered Chickpeas & Almonds to have as my lunch. And a stick of PK Hydrate Zero Sugar Strawberry Watermelon powdered mix to flavor my water with. 

Auditorium 7, B-9

Scene Commentaries:

This movie is a straight textbook case, as in Religious textbook. 🤓  As is obviously the case, it's based on Middle Eastern religions that I studied in my World Religions Class.

Have you ever had a stuffy nose? 🤧 Did you notice how swollen Nasal Passages made your voice sound strange? Well, the people in this movie have their noses stuffed with that "breather thing"  but their voices still sound normal❓ 🤦‍♂️ And why do they even have to use that "breather thing" when there are some Outdoor Scenes wherein the people are not using the "breather thing"❗Fire the new guy Scene Editor and hire my services as Cine-Man, Detailed Scene Editor, instead! 👌😎👍 I'll work for cheap--initially! 👌🤑

Did you know that Islam actually started out as a christian cult, the najrani? Some sources say that Mohammed's uncle was a church leader of a local najran community. Many elements in the Koran have Christian & Jewish origins, to no surprise to those who studied religions.

-
The islamic Mahdi is based on the prophecy of a Savior in the New Testament Book of Revelation! So is the Water of Life, a.k.a. Living Water. 

This movie is about a desert area where another kind of liquid, other than Oil 🛢️, is highly praised: The element of Water. So much so that I couldn't help but wonder 🤔 when the people ever took a bath or a shower 🚿.  🤢 This realization puts a nasty shade on the "romance" angle of the movie!

A friend of mine has a friend who decided to go "native" in the Middle East and had sex with a Bedouin prostitute. According to his friend, the prostitute hadn't had a bath in so long and stank to high heaven! 🦨

The bad guy floated slowly down to the desert sand but no sniper took advantage of the situation!

In the fight between the one with a knife and the other guy with an automatic rifle who clearly had the distance advantage and saw the knife guy coming, why didn't the rifleman use his rifle?!?!?! 🤦‍♂️

They had superior power but it never occurred to them to lure the giant worms to their deaths using a "worm caller" and drop bombs in the monsters' hard-to-miss gaping mouths! 😒

Introducing, Mahdi, the White Savior!  😳

If Water is so precious to them that they have to save every single drop, why do they talk instead of use sign language? Talking can make one lose water. This is a lesson straight from my Cultural Anthropology class. 

"If you want to control the people, tell them the Messiah is coming. They'll wait for centuries!" Written by someone who obviously doesn't know anything about the Prophet Daniel's 70 Weeks❗🧐

Such a highly advanced society but which doesn't have Thermal Imaging capabilities!  🙄

Gee, old comrade. We didn't know that it was you guys. 'Sorry for the friendly fire! That reminds me. We need to harvest your fallen soldiers' vital fluid.  😜

There was a beautiful virgin teenage girl in the Middle Ages, a Northern Italian blonde(?), who was kidnapped by some Arabs and sold to their ruler. She, too, was an outsider like the Madhi and his mom are in this movie. Her son rose to power until his death. The mother was choked to death soon after. I think that this movie's scriptwriter borrowed from this true piece of history. 

When the "Desert Spring" water was mixed in with the "Water of Life," it should have been administered Sublingually instead of putting just a tiny dab of it on someone's lips!  🤦‍♂️  I mean, how was that elixir supposed to reanimate someone if it didn't get into that someone's system first?  🤷‍♂️

What kind of paradise is he talking about? Clearly, it's not the one where each faithful man can have 72 virgins❗🤪 So, where's the incentive to join?  🤷‍♂️

He shouldn't have been able to remove the stuck knife in his Right Chest with his own Right Hand. Anatomically and Physiologically speaking, that would most likely be improbable!  😕

It is a medieval form of convenience marriage, quite common actually. It is how alliances are readily made:


Tidbits:

In my haste to arrive at the theatre on time, I forgot to bring my notebook. 👴🏼  I had to make a quick stop at the Admiral Callaghan Lane Dollar Tree Store to buy a little notebook 📒 and an 8-pack of Paper Mate Write Bros. black ballpoint pens 🖋️.

It's a nice notebook. But the covers
are way too thick! It only has 60
sheets because of it.  🙁
I dropped one of the new pens some-
where after I went back in the
theatre to go fetch my
notebook where I
left it on a 
bench!
👴🏼

After I got home from the theatre, I went for a 3½ mile ( 5.6 km ) walk 🚶‍♂️. I ate my "breakfast" once I got home. Yes, that's right. I had my lunch first. Just like I'll be having my lunch first tomorrow! 

-------

Now, for the winners of today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race! Drumroll 🥁 please ....


Congratulations to Singapore
for winning 1st place! 
🎉🎇🏆🎆🎊
🇸🇬🥇 🇸🇬
❗❗
🍾
Congratulations, Israel and the USA
for tying in 2nd place!
🇮🇱🥈🇺🇲
❗❗
And congratulations to Germany
for winning in 3rd place!
🇩🇪🥉🇩🇪
❗❗

Thanks to all of the countries that took part in today's 24-Hour Race to the Finish Line!  

🏁  🛣️  🏎️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment