Wednesday, December 20, 2023

THE BOY AND THE HERON

I went to see this yesterday, A Bargain All Day Tuesday, December 19th, 2023, at the Regal Edwards Fairfield & I-Max, in Fairfield, CA. The price of admission was $5.00. And I bought a tub of popcorn 🍿 at the concessions counter for $5.65! Yeah, the large popcorn price went from $5.00 to $5.05 to $5.65 in the last 3 months ❗

-

Auditorium 6, C-10

-

I found this movie's plot too convolutedly confusing to follow along. Unfortunately, it gave me a sense of ennui. And, apparently, I am not alone in expressing such an opinion. I dozed off on a few times throughout this movie's 2h & 4m length, I'm sorry to admit. Come for the Animation, leave with some Confusion.

This YouTuber shares his opinion about this movie:


https://youtu.be/SIwePgzJ9cI?si=T-762SGtGwqFlJqU


Another confusing thing about this movie is the fisherman character. The character looks like a man but sounds like a woman. Talk about "gender confused"!  🀦‍♂️

It's honestly not my cup of Matcha Tea! 🍡

But there were those in the audience who were Miyazaki fans who obviously enjoyed this movie and woke me at times with their laughter. As I've said it before, I'm a light sleeper.

There are 2 scenes that caught my interest. The Japanese traditional wooden Geta sandals:

Don't stand at the edge of a cliff
when you have this thing on!
-

And also the assorted western canned goods that the grannies seemed to love during The War. I would think that such things would be banned at such a time, just like how the USA banned Japanese products during said time. They were smuggled into the country, perhaps .... 

-

TIDBITS:

After finishing the DREAM SCENARIO movie and before watching this one, I decided to walk around the shopping mall where this Cineplex is located. The Best Buy that reopened for Thanksgiving is now a Best Buy Outlet store. All that I could see from the entrance are rows and rows of Refrigerators, Washers and Dryers! There's an interesting toy store right next to it, though:

Seeing all of these toys reminded me of the
late Verne Troyer. He bought himself a
Tesla! A toy one, that is ❗🀣

My friend Soberund has some ride-on toy vehicles to offer at

www.soberundgoodes.com

USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² & Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
buyers only.
-

in the Toys & Novelties collection. 

In my rush to see 3 movies, I forgot to take my mini notepad with me. I'm talking about the notepad that's made of paper and is spiral bound! Old School Cool 😎❗So, I went back to my car in-between this movie and the DREAM SCENARIO one to fetch my travel log notebook πŸ“’ to take notes with.

I went into the Men's Room to wash my
hands after paying the cashier
with some paper money. 

And, as it turned out, I didn't even need to take notes for this one! 🀦‍♂️ Because .... 😴.

I brought my own special blend of popcorn flavor. It's quite good, actually. I think that I should market it .... πŸ€”  I flavored my 20 oz ( 591 ml ) Aquafina Bottled Water with a stick of Wyler's Light Island Punch Purple Berry Wave.

-

I also had a bag of high Fiber and high Potassium dried Prunes, Apricots & Figs to help counter the popcorn's Sodium content. 

*

No comments:

Post a Comment