Monday, December 4, 2023

GO BACK TO CHINA

Is it too soon to segue to this?  😏

I watched this movie very late tonight, Sunday, December 3rd, 2023, on my living room futon couch πŸ›‹️ via my TUBI Streaming App, after I did my evening 🚢‍♂️ walk and had a light meal.

-

Bad timing! They should have shown this

on the Big Screen after the lockdown

was over with. And people would

have been very, very happy

to go see this movie!

Yeah, I would've

gone to see

it then!

πŸ₯€πŸΏ

πŸ™‚


I wasn't expecting her dad to have a Pinay ( Pilipina  ) maid! πŸ˜‚ This is the 2nd Chinese movie that I've seen with a Pinay maid in it. It must be a common thing in rich Chinese homes. 

The half-siblings named Christian and Dior cracked me up, too. The names, I mean. Is there such a westernization trend going on in mainland China? But I do know about the western style houses and the preference for western cars ( I'd settle for a Japanese car, myself---Quality over prestige! ).

But I can totally understand why she hated going back to China, and not because she hates Chinese food and she misses avocados. Her dad is a womanizing prick like my dad was! And he seems domineering!

When Sasha complains that "... a monkey could do this job," and her dad responded with, "Then you can fit in!" it shows how strict he is with quality control. But he also reminds her that she cannot apply her Americanized standards in China. Yeah, I would have to agree with that.

It's interesting what Lulu says about her brother's illegality because of the "One Child" policy in place. I only heard about female infants being abandoned or infanticided by their poor parents who would never have been able to provide for their future marriage dowries. I've met a few American couples who have adopted Chinese girls. They're the lucky ones! I feel sad for those infants who were killed or left to die or eaten by wild forest animals because they were simply born female! It never crossed the parents' minds to give up their infant daughters for adoption?!?!?! 😑

The conversation between Sasha and Lulu at the hair salon reminded me of a YouTube video that I watched a few years ago wherein a beautiful Chinese girl, whose brother was sick and their poor family needed money to pay for his hospital bills, was in a train and in tears as she begged strangers for financial help. The English subtitle said that she was selling her virginity to pay for her brother's treatment. It was such a sad video for me to have to watch. I felt sorry for her. No matter the outcome, I hope that her brother is well and that she is married to someone who cares for her. πŸ™

Her dad's responsible business mindset gives me a new perspective on him. Just as Sasha, herself, realizes it, too. But, being the movie that it is, there has to be some kind of conflict coming up. I'm just disappointed that it is about something so trivial as a fabric choice when no immediate explanation is given to Sasha about the reason for its discontinuance.

I liked the scene between Sasha and her sister, Carol, before she left China. And I liked the father-daughter conversation with Carol after that. It's a good Dramedy movie to go see! 

If you know YouTube's famous mechanic, Scotty Kilmer, who has "... been a mechanic for over 50 years"  ( it's his famous Spiel 😏 ), then you know what he has to say about "prestige" cars: They're designed not to last long❗After all, you can't look prestigious in an old car❗❗You have to get a new prestigious car every 2 or 3 years❗❗❗Scotty mostly likes Hondas and Toyotas πŸ‘Œ❗πŸ‘

TIDBITS:

I went to the Grocery Outlet Bargain Market on York & Marin Streets to buy a bottle of Hyaluronic Acid as I just ran out of it. I take it for my cells to hydrate them. They're out of stock on it; I guess because of the skin-drying Winter Season. I'll have to swing by the Neighborhood Wal-Mart on Monday evening or Wednesday evening and see if they have it. 

I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant for some lottery tickets and to eat lunch. I brought a jar of Black Garlic πŸ§„ with me, which I bought at the Grocery Outlet Bargain Market, to have with my meal. Have you tried it?

It's black inside after you peel
it. You can eat it raw. It is
sweet. You can't even
taste the garlic at
all. But there is
definitely a bit
of spice in
it.

I also bought a can of Teasdale Simply Especial Chickpeas flavored with Lemon & Beer. It's something new for me to try. I hope that its beer flavor is not Bud Light ❗😬

I'll have this for lunch & supper
tomorrow with eggs and
vegetables. 

-

After my lunch, I walked on over to the nearby Dollar Tree Store to buy two 4-inch Paring Knives. I dropped one somewhere and couldn't find it. So, I need a replacement. It's my self-defense weapon of choice against pitbulls❗ For a Chinese made knife, this paring knife is thick and sturdy❗❗ And you don't want a knife breaking in half when you need it to defend your life with❗❗❗


-

Unlike the 5-inch Utility knife that I used to defend myself against those 2 pitbulls! Both knives are made by the same manufacturer. But, for some reason, the 5-inch one is only about half as thick as the 4-inch Paring Knife model ❗And the 5-inch one got bent near the tip and its very tip broke off and got lodged in the dog's neckbone.

This is the knife that I used to kill one
pitbull. That's 3 inches of blood
stain that you see on the
blade. You can even
see that the tip
is bent.
The red circle is the hole in the
gate that the pitbulls crawled
out of to come and attack
me. Lucky for me, my
guardian angel was
there to protect
me from the
pitbulls!
Read my blog on the TROLLS
movie to know more about
the unprovoked attack. 

-

As I prepared a pre-viewing draft and wrote down some notes for this blog, I checked my blogsite's tracker and noted the result for this Sunday afternoon:

Guten Tag!

πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ‘‹

-


No comments:

Post a Comment